What can Analyst and Influencer Relations do for your firm?
Industry analyst and market influencer relations are a critical part of the B2B comms plan as your potential customers trust in their opinions and listen to them when making their biggest buying decisions. If you want to be front of mind and on the list for those all-important RFPs, you need to engage.
But as with all comms, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Analyst subscriptions or ad-hoc meetings can be an expensive waste of time and resource if not properly managed. And analysts do not respond to the same approach as journalists, that’s a rookie mistake right there – it’s an entirely different conversation. And it often takes a very different kind of person to have it.
Our AR and IR team knows how and when to make that approach, so all the hard work from a logistical and operational perspective is taken off your hands. Using our experience we also provide strategic input, so your AR and IR programmes dovetail seamlessly into wider marketing and sales initiatives. We evaluate your sales and messaging requirements to formulate engagement calendars focused on interactions that impact your specific industry and help you to form credible relationships with those that will go on to be your champions when you need them most.
Recent analyst reports featuring our clients include:
- Inclusion in Forrester WaveTM: Digital Wealth Platforms Q1 2020
- Inclusion in Celent Wealth Management Onboarding Platform Report 2020
- Inclusion in Forrester NowTech: Digital Wealth Platforms Q4 2019
Analyst Relations services
- Analyst relations global strategy/execution: developing global AR strategy; message testing and presentation design
- Spokespeople training: designing training sessions to equip spokespeople to engage with analysts
- Analyst event management: analyst identification; logistics management; executive preparation; messaging feedback; pre-event preparation, including briefing documents; 1:1 meeting scheduling; post-event management
- Vendor report submissions: managing vendor entries for key reports such as Gartner Magic Quadrant; Forrester New Wave and Ovum Decision Matrix; liaising with internal/external teams; work back plans prior to vendor submissions; managing engagements with customer references
- Analyst subscription management: management of global seats and costs with analyst firms; identification of appropriate seat levels; management of inquiries with key analysts as per contract; subscription review every quarter
- Thought leadership engagement: identifying analysts to help with thought leadership; planning thought leadership channels; liaising with analysts on messaging; stakeholder management for feedback and meetings.
Influencer Marketing services
- Influencer identification: who are the influencers you need to target? Defining those influencer groups, researching and scoring
- Peer review site audit – which peer review sites does your company need to work with and how can you do so effectively?
- Trade association engagement – which industry associations does your company need to engage with and how should you do so?
- Industry event analysis – which industry events should you attend and how will that impact your work with influencers?
- Sales and partnership programme integration – how to link influencers to your sales and partnership marketing strategy
- Spokesperson training – how to connect with and speak to influencers
- Designing bespoke retained engagement programmes
- Executing influencer marketing programmes and maintaining strong relationships with selected influencers.
Meet the Analyst & influencer Relations team
Between us we have more than 50 years’ experience in B2B #Tech/FinTech industry analyst relations and influencer marketing.
Prior to joining The Crowd, we drove global analyst relations programmes and created influencer engagement programmes for some of the biggest names in the tech industry.
Analyst & influencer Relations clients
Some useful blogs on Analyst & Influencer Relations
You can find all our analyst and influencer realtions blogs here. Below are some of our favourites:
- Marc explains the science of influencer marketing
- Eria discusses whether you can have a non-commercial relationship with industry analysts
- Eria shares best practice on establishing meaningful relationships with industry analysts
- Download Eria’s white paper on how organisations can ensure AR delivers to the bottom line and how to ensure analyst feedback is effectively used across sales, marketing and product management.